Viper Family Resource Center
The Viper Family Resource Centers’ mission is to enhance students’ abilities to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote:
- Early learning and successful transition into school
- Academic achievement and well-being
- Graduation and transition into adult life
The goal at our center is to meet the needs of all children and their families who reside in our community served by our school by removing barriers to learning. The family resource center is located inside the school and the center director is available from 7:15 until 3:15 every day to assist students and parents.
Just some of the many services that the family resource center provides are
- Back to School Bash (school supplies and accessories)
- Parent Newsletters (informing parents of upcoming events) We provide this service through email also and if you would like to receive the newsletter through email please make sure the family resource director has your email address
- Clothing Closet (change of clothes for accidents, we try very hard to accommodate children with sizes but sometimes is just isn’t possible, we will gladly accept good used clothing to furnish our clothing closet)
- School Clinic (to assist and meet the needs of our students medically) It is very important that you send the permission form back with your child in order for the school nurse to see and treat your child. If there is no permission form on file the nurse will not be able to see or treat your child.
- Parent Volunteer Program (parents play a vital role in their child’s education and are a wonderful asset to any classroom and we can always use volunteers, if you have the time and would like to sign up feel free to contact the resource center) Parent volunteers can assist with field trips but must provide their own transportation, you will not be permitted to ride the bus.
- Various workshops and activities for parents and students throughout the year(parents please look for things throughout the year in your child’s backpack and parent newsletters)
- GED information (parents and grandparents if you would like to go back and obtain your GED then we can give you the information and tools to help you accomplish that, just give us a call)
- Back Pack Program (students who need a little extra food during the weekend when school is not in session are provided with a backpack of food
- Coal for Kids Clothing (students in need of clothing are provided with clothing and hygiene items)